The demand for a commercially available, all-natural, no-calorie, great tasting sweetener has spurred growing interest in stevia.
Stevia is a natural plant extract that meets consumer demand for sweetness without the calories.
Fact: Stevia is natural
- The stevia plant is from the sunflower family. Leaves from the stevia plant are brewed like tea to extract sweet compounds called steviol glycosides that can be purified into a powder or crystallized form.
Fact: Stevia is sweet
- Stevia is an intense sweetener, up to 400 times sweeter than sugar, so a little stevia goes a long way.
Fact: Stevia is safe
- There are more than 200 studies attesting to the safety of high purity stevia.
- Regulatory bodies around the world recognize high purity stevia as safe for use by everyone in the family, including children.
- With zero glycemic load, high purity stevia is safe for diabetics.
- Stevia has been a primary, mainstream sweetener in Japan for over three decades.
To learn more about stevia safety, please visit the Global Stevia Institute® (www.globalsteviainstitute.com).